But instead, violence has proliferated across the globe, not in the form of a superpower arms race or a clash of armies, but in bitter local conflicts marked by terrorism, insurgency, and guerrilla warfare.
About This Item
Former Central Intelligence Agency director James Woolsey likened the post-cold-war world to "a jungle full of snakes. James Arnold delivers a gripping narrative of a century of counterinsurgent warfare, from the Philippine War to present-day Iraq, analyzing wars won and lost: the British in Malaya, the French in Algeria, and the United States in Vietnam.
Arnold explains the tug-of-war for civilian support and illustrates the high stakes of any counterinsurgency effort. The epilogue examines the occupation of Iraq, where America, to its cost, ignored the lessons of previous conflicts. Your email address will never be sold or distributed to a third party for any reason. Due to the high volume of feedback, we are unable to respond to individual comments.
Sorry, but we can't respond to individual comments. Recent searches Clear All. Update Location. If you want NextDay, we can save the other items for later. Yes—Save my other items for later.
- Peril at End House: A Hercule Poirot Mystery.
- Bestselling Series.
- Ultrasonography in Vascular Diagnosis A Therapy-Oriented Textbook and Atlas.
- How to cheat in Photoshop elements 7: create stunning photomontage images on a budget;
No—I want to keep shopping. Order by , and we can deliver your NextDay items by. In your cart, save the other item s for later in order to get NextDay delivery.
Jungle of Snakes : James R Arnold :
We moved your item s to Saved for Later. There was a problem with saving your item s for later.
- ISBN 13: 9781596915039!
- Filipino Insurgencies (1899-1913): Failures to Incite Popular Support;
- The Promised War: A Thriller!
- Jungle of Snakes (Audiobook) by James R. Arnold | itarununan.gq.
- Gissing and the City: Cultural Crisis and the Making of Books in Late Victorian England.
- Jungle of Snakes: A Century of Counterinsurgency Warfare from the Philippines to Iraq - itarununan.gq.
- Mentoring for Social Inclusion: A Critical Approach to Nurturing Mentor Relationships!
You can go to cart and save for later there. Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars, based on 1 reviews 1 reviews.
Jungle of snakes : a century of counterinsurgency warfare from the Philippines to Iraq
Tell us if something is incorrect. Out of stock. Get In-Stock Alert. Delivery not available.
unsicacal.tk Pickup not available. The British campaign in Malaya enjoyed the priceless advantage that the insurgents were Chinese, a minority and traditionally hated by the majority Malays. Despite this, victory took 12 bloody years.
- Its True! Dinosaurs Never Died (Its True!).
- Your audiobook is waiting…!
- How to Write a Hit Song: The Complete Guide to Writing and Marketing Chart-Topping Lyrics & Music (4th Edition).
- Character Education: A Book Guide for Teachers, Librarians, and Parents: A Book Guide for Teachers, Librarians and Parents.
- Muhammad The Mesenger of AIIah Mau Allah Exalt his Mention.
French forces had overwhelmed Algerian rebels when French President De Gaulle ordered a withdrawal, having decided the political cost of remaining in a hostile country was too great. And American troops in Vietnam killed so many Vietcong that North Vietnamese troops took over most of the fighting, but the civilians never trusted the government to protect them—and all insurgencies feed off this failure, notes Arnold.